The Tories have created a housing crisis.
Since 2010, housebuilding has fallen to its lowest level since the 1920s, rough sleeping has risen every year, rents have risen faster than incomes, there are almost 200,000 fewer home-owners, and new, affordable housebuilding is at a 24-year low. And there are more than 120,000 children without a permanent home.
Things can’t carry on like this.
Only Labour will build a country that works for the many, not the few.
Fewer people are able to buy their own homes, and private rent costs are rising faster than people’s pay.
After nine years of failure, it’s clear that the Tories have no plan to fix the housing crisis.
Labour has a concrete plan to deliver quality, affordable homes for the many.
- We’ll build one million real affordable homes to rent and buy over ten years.
- We’ll give renters a host of new rights and protections.
- We’ll end rough sleeping within five years.
- We’ll give councils the new funding and powers they need to kick-start the biggest council house building programme in nearly 40 years.
- We’ll scrap the Bedroom Tax and introduce a ‘zero-carbon’ homes standard to build cleaner, greener homes.
Back our plan to fix housing? Then add your name Click Here