Swanley Labour has joined an exciting experiment to develop international solidarity.
Our NHS is under threat and we need to campaign to protect our precious NHS from profiteering and outright privatisation. Our friends in America are fighting to establish Medicare for All, a free public health system.
Swanley Labour will be joining an International Health Care Solidarity Phonebank.
As NHS patients and workers we will be calling people in the USA to discuss how a free, comprehensive public healthcare system for everybody is such a valuable source of security for us, our families and communities. We will be talking the Medicare for All campaign, and how they can support it.
Come along and get involved! We’ll be providing snacks and refreshments during the phonebank and we will take a trip to the local pub nearby afterwards.
Things to know:
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided
- The venue is wheel-chair accessible and you are welcome to bring children along too
- You don’t need to be an expert on the NHS – you just be talking from your own personal experiences
- The calls will be free for you
Please bring a laptop or tablet and headphones if you have them. We will provide spares if you don’t have your own.
Sevenoaks CLP are hosting phone banks at its Campaign Office, at:
The Corner House, London Road, Swanley, Kent BR8 7QD on Saturday 9thMarch,at 5.00pm – 9.00pm and Sunday 17th March at 5.00pm – 9.00pm
You are welcome to join us. If you would like to host your own phone bank please contact Emma Rees at email@example.com
- Momentum founders push benefits of NHS-style healthcare in US
- What Can the US Nurses’ Campaign for Medicare for All Teach Organisers in the UK?