- Labour’s plans for Britain
- Stopping privatisation of our NHS
- A personal message from Chris
About Chris Clark
Chris Clark was born in Maidstone Hospital and raised in the village of Headcorn in Kent. He is a former District Councillor.
He has worked in the rail industry for 17 years and has played a leading role in campaigns against high fares and for better public transport.
Chris is a member of rail union TSSA, which he represents at a national level, the British Humanist Association, the Co-operative Party, and the Campaign for Real Ale.
In his spare time, Chris supports Crystal Palace Football Club, where he is a season ticket holder.
As Your MP I will:
- Vote to keep rail fares down and improve services.
- Vote to keep the ‘triple lock’ on pensions.
- Vote to ensure there are no tax rises for middle and lower income earners.
- Vote to increase the minimum. wage and end zero-hour contracts
- Vote to end health service privatisation and bring services into a secure, publicly provided NHS.
- Respect the outcome of the Brexit referendum and vote for the best possible deal that allows access to the Single Market and maximises social and environmental protection.
Labour will stop the Tories’ push to privatise our health service and ensure NHS staff are paid a decent wage.
We will integrate the NHS and social care for older and disabled people, funding dignity across the board, and ensure parity for mental health services.
Solving the Housing Crisis
Labour will build over a million new homes in five years, with at least half being council houses.
We will end insecurity for private renters by introducing rent controls, secure tenancies, a charter of private tenants’ rights and increase access to affordable home ownership.
Labour will introduce free meals for all primary school children.
We will ensure universal childcare to give all children a good start in life.
We will guarantee quality apprenticeships and adult skills training and abolish university tuition fees.
For the many, not the few
In the General Election two years ago I met hundreds of people across Sevenoaks, Swanley and the villages of this constituency who were fed up with being taken for granted by the Tories.
On June 8th you have the chance to vote for real change. This Government has decimated our public services and pushed working people into poverty, with record numbers using food-banks.
There is an alternative and if the big corporations and richest individuals paid their fair share of tax, we could eliminate poverty and improve public services.
In this election you have a simple choice – more of the same with the Tories or a fresh start with Labour. Choose change, choose hope, choose Labour,
5 ways to contact Chris
FACEBOOK Sevenoaks CLP
WRITE Chris Clark, Sevenoaks Constituency Labour Party, Corner House, London Road, Swanley, BR8 7QD
THURSDAY 8TH JUNE
Promoted by K Flack on behalf of C Clark both at Corner House, London Rd, Swanley, BR8 7QD