The Tories are holding Britain back because they stand up only for the elite few. Under them, real wages are still lower than they were in 2010 and working people have had support cut, while those at the top have had tax breaks worth billions of pounds. Meanwhile Tory cuts and failure have pushed our public services into crisis. Their failure is holding Britain back.
• The Tories have missed every debt and deficit target they have set themselves.
• Working families are set to be an average of £1,400 a year worse off up to 2020 as a result of Tory tax and social security changes.
• The Tories’ reckless approach to Brexit threatens to leave Britain with no deal with our international partners, threatening businesses, trade and jobs.
• Waiting lists for treatment have soared. There are now a million more people waiting for treatment than when Labour left government in 2010.
• School budgets are being cut for the first time since the mid-1990s. Schools will have to make £3 billion worth of cuts by 2020.
Labour will build a fairer Britain for the many, not the few
• We will boost our economy and support local communities by mobilising £500bn of support for jobs, industry and infrastructure across the country through government investment and a National Investment Bank.
• We will introduce a £10 an hour Real Living Wage, giving 5.6 million workers the pay rise they deserve.
• Labour will prevent an increase in National Insurance contributions for self-employed persons and crack down on late payments by big businesses which is forcing more than 50,000 small firms out of business every year.
• We will ensure that the NHS has enough doctors and nurses to provide the care that patients deserve, will give social care and the NHS the money it needs and put forward a long-term plan for the future of our NHS and social care system.
• We will reverse cuts to corporation tax to reinstate funding for school budgets and invest in a National Education Service to ensure no one is held back, and creating a more skilled workforce and productive economy.
The Conservatives have held back Britain for too long. Labour will build a fairer Britain for the many not the few.