Ten Reasons Why You Should Vote for Jackie Griffiths
Jackie Griffiths is the Labour Party candidate in the White Oak ward by-election. Below is a list of reasons why White Oak residents should vote for her.
- Jackie represents Labour which has a proven record of running the council well.
- For many years, Jackie served the community as a midwife, nurse and teacher.
- As Jackie has lived in Swanley since 1960, she is familiar with the needs, aspirations and problems of Swanley people.
- Jackie has shown her opposition to the Master Plan and wants to improve Swanley ‘s environment.
- Jackie opposes development on the Green Belt and wants to see small affordable housing units on brownfield land.
- Jackie will campaign for a better Swanley with improved health facilities, road repairs and leisure provision.
- Jackie wants to bring back a strong sense of community for all residents.
- Jackie has worked hard for voluntary groups including Patient Voice, as a tutor for the U3A, Darent Valley Hospital and as a carer. She plays guitar in a gospel choir.
- The Tories have run Swanley into the ground – Jackie is determined to revive it.
- The Lib Dems, with the Tories, are responsible for the bedroom tax, austerity, higher tuition fees and the public sector pay freeze. Can they be trusted?