TO OBJECT TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SWANLEY TOWN CENTRE!
YOU MUST ACT NOW!
For those who are not aware there are plans to redevelop Swanley Town Centre. The first phase of the development will probably come to the Development Control Committee at Sevenoaks in November.
If you object to the proposals you should contact the Planning Department at Sevenoaks by the end of August.
Their address is:
Quote Reference SE/16/02226/FUL
The application is to rebuild Swanley Square Area with a number of high rise blocks of flats; to be built on the existing car park areas. The first three blocks are up for planning permission in November.
In a nut shell the proposals are:-
- To construct a 13storey block behind the Post Office with the lower 4 floors being a multi storey car park.
- Two additional; but lower blocks; will be built on existing car parks; with more at a later date.
- The 350 new flats will be for “market value plus” rent with no provision of affordable or social housing.
- It is aimed to attract young professional people to Swanley paying above average rents.
- There will be a provision of a number of new shops, bars, restaurants and cafes creating a night time economy and
a supposedly thriving retail area.
- No existing buildings will be lost in the first stage, but will later on.
Possible reasons to object:-
- The flats will be too expensive for most young people now living in Swanley and wish to set up home.
- It will create an influx of new people, bringing strain to our roads and services such as schools & health services. Especially when seen in context of other new developments in the Town, such as the United House site & Broom Hill.
- The car parking provision will not be sufficient to cater for people using the new shops, market and the residents in the flats.
- It will have a disturbing effect on the residents of Berkley Court, located on the edge of the Rec.
- People think that tower blocks ruin the scenery & often become slums overnight.
- Will they attract enough tenants?
You may think of other reasons feel free to state them.
DO NOT CONFUSE THIS DEVELOPMENT WITH THE MASTER PLAN &
BUILDING ON THE REC. THEY ARE COMPLETELY SEPARATE.
SEND IN YOUR COMMENTS TODAY!!
Read Mark Fittock’s letter to the Chief Planning Officer as a guide:
Click here for Letter Template
Swanley Shopping Centre may be demolished!
Check out the article by clicking the link: